You are hereBack to top
The Family Tree German Genealogy Guide: How to Trace Your Germanic Ancestry in Europe (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Explore Your German Ancestry!
Follow your family tree back to its roots in Bavaria, Baden, Prussia, Hesse, Saxony, Wurttemburg and beyond. This in-depth genealogy guide will walk you step by step through the exciting journey of researching your German heritage, whether your ancestors came from lands now in modern-day Germany or other German-speaking areas of Europe, including Austria, Switzerland, and enclaves across Eastern Europe.
In this book, you'll learn how to:
• Retrace your German immigrant ancestors' voyage from Europe to America.
• Pinpoint the precise place in Europe your ancestors came from.
• Uncover birth, marriage, death, church, census, court, military, and other records documenting your ancestors' lives.
• Access German records of your family from your own hometown.
• Decipher German-language records, including unfamiliar German script.
• Understand German names and naming patterns that offer research clues.
You'll also find maps, timelines, sample records and resource lists throughout the book for quick and easy reference. Whether you're just beginning your family tree or a longtime genealogy researcher, the Family Tree German Genealogy Guide will help you conquer the unique challenges of German research and uncover your ancestors' stories.